Sumo Digital Ltd | Sheffield | Senior Game Designer
I worked at Sumo Digital as a Senior Game Designer on small team creating Hitman 2s finale level, The Isle of Sgail. I worked on this project from the initial concept phase through to launch where I focused on AI behaviours, worldbuilding, combat & stealth encounters and both story missions design.
- Creative ownership over large parts of the gameplay, narrative and level from concept to shipped.
- Worked with a team of designers to conceptualise the key gameplay features, story, characters & level.
- Mentoring of more junior staff.
- Presenting and pitching to key stakeholders.
- Reported directly to the design director.
- Reviewing content to ensure a high quality and consistency of work.
- Technical implementation of gameplay events, AI behaviours & story missions.
- International communication and coordination across time zones with co-development staff members.
- Prototyping gameplay setpieces and working with tech designers to oversee implementation.
- Helped plan the post-launch content for this level.
- Implemented a number of secret Easter Eggs designed to challenge the community and lean into the franchises famous tongue in cheek tone.