Guerrilla Games | Amsterdam | Regular Game Designer
Initially i worked on Horizon: Zero Dawn as a part of a small prototyping team dedicated to establishing the core concept and design. As the team grew i took ownership of a number of player character features with special focus on the traversal and combat.
- Initially part of the small scale prototype team that was responsible for creating the greenlight demo.
- Owned the design of the player traversal systems through entire development cycle including: base movement, climbing, rappel and swimming.
- Designed and balanced third person camera system for combat and traversal.
- Designed, balanced and oversaw the implementation for melee combat.
- Technical implementation of various traversal content
- Created & upkept player traversal bible.
- Liaising with level design team to ensure ease of us with traversal systems.
- Created benchmark test level climbing areas to prove best use cases.
- Designed contextual combat action system.
- Ownership of the bow combat implementation and game feel.
- Designed contextual player & character self-talk and animation system
- Pitched the initial proposal for the Photo-Mode